1. Offline examination in two sessions.
In GATE 2011 offline examination will be conducted in two sessions on sunday, Feburary 13,2011. the OFFLINE examination in AR, BT, CE, CH, ME, PH and PI papers will be held in the forenoon session from 09.00 hrs to 12.00 hrs. The offline examination in AG, CY, EC, IN, MA,MT, XE and XL will be held in the afternoon session from 14.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs
2. New Paper introduced in GATE 2011:
With effect from GATE 2011, Food Technology will be introduced as an optional section in XL paper also
3. ONLINE Examination in two additional papers:
* In GATE 2011, two additional papers AE and GG will als have online examination. So in total online examination will be for four papers MN, TF, AE and GG
4. Numerical answer type questions in AE and TF papers:
In AE and TF papers, the question paper will consist of 60 question of multiple choice type and 5 question of numerical answer type. For multiple choice type questions, each question will have four choices for the answer. For numerical type question, each question will have a number as the answer.